Friday, March 27, 2020

DYING, ONE COUNTY AFTER ANOTHER



TMP- Who the hell are you? Where's my doctor?
JOE-   I'm Joe and I'm replacing your doctor.
TMP- I'll bet that putz has the virus.
JOE-  You fired him Mr. President. You said science was total cow dung.
TMP- Right, right...he was a mouthy jerk... putz didn't trust me. What kind of doc are you?
JOE-  Oh, I'm not a doctor. No, no, I'm a cartographer.
TMP- Beautiful. Get me some real nice shots of all my golf carts...and get close-ups of my logo.
JOE-  Sir, a cartographer is a map maker. I draw maps of this country.
TMP- I have maps of all my fabulous golf courses. Beautiful courses. Best ever.  Why are you here?
JOE-  I know you like games. How bout we play a game?
TMP- I love games...as long as I win. Got it!!
JOE-  Yes sir, I got it. So let's begin.
TMP- Wait a second. Where's the ball, the puck, my golf cart...What are we doing here?
JOE-   I have these 10 long strings.
TMP-  10 strings? You need a hundred... you're a major Yo-Yo.
JOE-    Now, I place them all around and each represents a county...  you can't come into my county                and I can't come into yours, without permission or-- you lose the game!
TMP-  Whatta dumb game.Why would I want to come into your county? I'll just stay in my county---          which is hands down the best county ever,,, and you go wherever you want.
JOE-   You did it. You just said it!! Now, imagine you're the Corona Virus. Where do you go?
TMP-  Well, first I put on my red tie and then I go wherever I want!!
JOE-   Precisely! You are the Corona Virus and you don't stay in your county. You go                               WHEREVER YOU WANT and you cross county lines and state lines and country borders                   and spread your toxins like wildfire.
TMP- I get it. You're another science whacko. You want me to Lock Down and kill the economy.
JOE-   I am a simple map maker. And if I understand how flawed and dangerous this County idea is,
           why doesn't the President of this country... or maybe you don't care?  Time for me to go.
TMP- Hey...remember the rules..I win the game, right?!!
JOE-  God help us if you do.





No comments:

Post a Comment