Monday, October 10, 2011

It Starts Now

If you know me, then you know the only bad days I have are weekdays and weekends.
The rest of the time I'm a bundle of joy. One of my 18 shrinks said I was burdened by too much affect.
In retrospect, I think that was one helluva compliment. I laugh a lot and make a lot of people laugh.
It's a gift I don't take lightly. The only thing that beats it is having my face licked by my dogs and
the smell of baby powder. At this very second, 19 people reading this thought to themselves,
and the smell of a new car. To those people I sing, HEY YOU, GET OFF OF MY BLOG!

I could give you the symbols of a dozen stocks RIGHT NOW that will double in 2 years.
Not penny stocks either. Stocks trading between 14 and 51 dollars. I see numbers.
My wife and I go to the not so super market and throw 80 items in 2 wagons.
She looks at me as the stuff is being rung up and I'll say, 184 dollars and 28 cents.
BAM! Actual price (sounds like Bob Barker) 184 dollars and 93 cents. I'm usually within a buck
98% of the time. I was just fired after working 10 and a half years at an ad agency. Fired for the
first time in my life after 44 years in the business. And there were numbers I couldn't see.
I'm trying to see my severance pay and I see nothing. I guess my magic is gone...UNLESS...
No, no way. What kind of person would do that? Possibly Dick Cheney, but who else?
OH MAN, I STILL HAVE IT. THE MAGIC LIVES. I SEE NOTHING BECAUSE
I GOT NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!  And for a second there I was worried. What a relief.
Okay... stock tips for FREE.  

 I get these bullshit stock alerts 10 times a day......
" IN A COUNTRY WITH NO NAME IN A YET TO BE DISCLOSED LOCATION,
6 MINERS WORKING FOR A COMPANY WITH NO NAME AND NO CAPITAL
HAVE DISCOVERED A SITE WITH MORE POTENTIAL NATURAL GAS THAN
THE BAKKEN AND EAGLEFORD COMBINED."  But this guy knows. He knows the miners,
the country, the location, the zipcode, even the lunch special in the only place for 100 miles
that serves food. What a guy. Instead of buying the country and the site and naming them both
after his kid, he's gonna share with us. He's not like the guy who owns the ad agency.

What if in CASABLANCA, there's no Ingrid Bergman. Just Paul Henreid. There's Bogie
knocking back his 8th Jack D sitting with Sam at 3 AM saying, "of all the gin joints in all the world,
he's gotta walk into mine..."   I don't think the movie works. One Letter of Transit doesn't have
the same ring as "the LetterS of Transit" and you lose "kid" because Bogie can't say,
"here's lookin at you kid" to Henreid. I think the movie loses a lot. But that's me.










No comments:

Post a Comment